[Insight-users] Adapt mesh to a binary volume or contour set

Yogish Mallya mallyayogish at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 8 02:55:36 EDT 2009

Dear All,

Is there a filter in ITK to fit 3D surface mesh to a binary volume or contour set representation? I represent a volume of interest (VOI), say cardiac region, using both 3D surface mesh and contour set representation. The contour set representation is obtained by calculating the intersection of the image plane with the 3D surface Mesh.  My application modifies VOI’s contour set representation (say editing of contours by user for correcting the image segmentation).  I am looking for a technique to fit a 3D surface mesh to its modified contour set representation.
Thank you in advance,
Yogish Mallya

      Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go to http://in.business.yahoo.com/