[Insight-users] PET data

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon May 11 03:56:05 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM, David Fuentes <fuentesdt at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I read in DICOM PET files in ITK the voxel values seem to be
> significantly different than
> from what is read in Matlab or ImageJ.

I do not know about Matlab, but ImageJ is using "Slice Thickness" when
"Slice Spacing" (I guess they meant "Spacing Between Slices"), which
is completely wrong.

Ref:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom/browse_thread/thread/111335aba304c2f1

>   Has anyone had a similar problem?

I would use gdcminfo from the GDCM2.x distribution and check the
Spacing line reported by this command line tool.

> Also, some of the Header data reported in ImageJ is not reported from the
> DicomReadImagePrintTags example code?

itk::GDCMImageIO does not load Sequence.

HTH
--
Mathieu