[Insight-users] ITK for fluorescence microscopy - BioImageXD

Daniel James White white at mpi-cbg.de
Mon May 11 03:52:30 EDT 2009

Hi  Prashanth ,

see
www.bioimagexd.net

it works very well for us.

If you want to start a project from scratch, then good luck!
If you want to help us extend the functionality of BXD in
collaboration with us,
then you would be very welcome to join the team!

Its very easy to add ITK functions to ITK,
as you can see how we did ti already in the source code,
and its only a few lines to add for each new class (depending on how
complex the parameters for it etc are)

We are also doing work here at MPI-CBG on segmentation of bright
field, phase, DIC etc images.

cheers

Dan and the BXD team

On May 9, 2009, at 6:00 PM, insight-users-request at itk.org wrote:

> Dear ITK Users-
>
> I am considering using ITK as the basis for a set of tools for
> analysis of fluorescence and bright-field images. I am curious to
> know if others have tried/ are trying it, and if so what their
> feedback is?
>
> Thanks,
> --Prashanth

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Visualisation, Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy and Image Processing Facilities
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

New Mobile Number!!!

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk