[Insight-users] ITK for fluorescence microscopy

Daniel James White white at mpi-cbg.de
Tue May 12 04:27:13 EDT 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Badri Roysam wrote:

> Thanks Alex - the wiki is only about 2 weeks old, but coming
> together nicely.
>
> I feel that a good wiki is important. The greatest need expressed by
> my bio-colleagues
> is the need for understandable documentation. Our image processing
> and software terminology
> is all gobbledygook & gibberish to them, and we need to overcome
> that barrier.

I agree very strongly. We are trying to do the same thing with Fiji-
ImageJ (good wiki)
and with BioImageXD (comprehensive manual).
Its not an easy tasy,
but essential,
as the end product must be usable by as competent biologist (not only
computer scientists)

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Visualisation, Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy and Image Processing Facilities
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk