[Insight-users] Custom header format

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:39:16 EDT 2009

Hi!

Among formats for 3D images I have to deal with, there is one
header-format that looks like this:

ObjectFileName: NVC_0181_ciss_axial_0_short_sq_black.raw
TaggedFileName: ---
Resolution:     512 512 96
SliceThickness: 0.449219 0.449219 0.4
Format:         USHORT
NbrTags:        0
ObjectType:     TEXTURE_VOLUME_OBJECT
ObjectModel:    RGBA
GridType:       EQUIDISTANT

What I need to do in order to make this format (filename.DAT)
accessible to ITK toolkit? What would be ideal is for it to be on par
with MHA format already present in ITK.

I know I have to implement the plugin (copy itkMetaImageIO, rename it
to something like itkDatImageIO and rewrite it to support the above
given structure). What else do I need to do? Add these files
(itkDatImageIO.cxx and itkDatImageIO.h) to CMakeLists.txt wherever
MetaImageIO is mentioned? Some other steps (asides from recompiling
the library)?

Best regards,
Dzenan Zukic