[Insight-users] Writing 2.5 segmentation to 3D int array ??

firat.sarialtun at boun.edu.tr firat.sarialtun at boun.edu.tr
Thu May 14 07:07:41 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone. I have been trying to implement
GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter in
ITK for the purpose of Liver Segmentation. Right now I'm working on 2.5D
(slice-by-slice) segmentation of dicom data. I created a 3D array and I want to
write the segmentation results to this 3D array, that is for each slice, I use
the output of the thresholder (binary segmented image) and write 0 to the 3D
array for nonliver pixels and 1 for liver pixels (that is 255 in the image) and
create a ^D model of segmented liver. I want to ask is there an easy way to do
this slice by slice. Because I'm thinking to use iterators to traverse the
image and write it to the 3D array pixel-by-pixel which I believe will be
burdensome for all slices. Is there a way to transfer one slice completely to
one z-dimension of my 3D array in a fast way?

Thanks,

Firat