[Insight-users] Writing mesh to Metafile

Matilde Gonzalez Preciado matilde.gonzalez.preciado at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:34:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am working with a IndexedTriangleMesh and I want to write it in a vtk file
in order to visualize it easily. I am using itkMeshTovtkPolydata but
SetInput requires a itk::Mesh, I would like to know if it is possible to
convert a IndexedTriangleMesh into a itk::mesh in order to be able to use
this class.

My code is:

typedef itk::Vector<double, 2> PixelType;
typedef unsigned short IndexType;
typedef itk::IndexedTriangleMesh<PixelType, IndexType>      OutputMeshType;

itkMeshTovtkPolyData *itkTovtkPolyData = new itkMeshTovtkPolyData();
vtkPolyData* polyData = vtkPolyData::New();

OutputMeshType::Pointer resultMesh ;

resultMesh = ssmCalculator->GetResampledOutputMesh( i ) ;

//Here resultMesh must be itk::Mesh and not itk::IndexedTriangleMesh
itkTovtkPolyData ->SetInput(resultMesh);
polyData = itkTovtkPolyData->GetOutput();

Thank you in advance

--
Matilde GONZALEZ