[Insight-users] Bio-Formats in ITK (was: Re: ITK for fluorescence microscopy - BioImageXD)

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed May 20 08:58:32 EDT 2009

Hi Gaëtan,

-      "jace-runtime.jar:bio-formats.jar:loci_tools.jar"
> +      "jace.jar:jace-runtime.jar:bio-formats.jar:loci_tools.jar"

Interesting; this library is not supposed to be necessary. But I'm glad you
got it working.

Any idea about what is wrong with the threads?
> Also, do you now why it tries to start AWT? A GUI shouldn't be useful in
> that case!

We are aware of the AWT error messages on Mac OS X, and are working to fix
them. It is basically a matter of removing references to the
java.awt.Rectangle class, which we use for convenience reasons right now,
but can easily be changed.

In the meantime, would you mind trying to read a file in a non-TIFF-based
format? The AWT errors mainly happen with TIFF-based formats with the
current codebase.

-Curtis