[Insight-users] fixing a few remaining failing tests relating to pixel-centered coordinates

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Wed May 20 13:12:34 EDT 2009

Dear members of the Insight Community,

produce pixel-centered coordinates, as well as a few other needed
refinements, which are enabled by the flags
ITK_USE_CENTERED_PIXEL_COORDINATES_CONSISTENTLY,
ITK_USE_REGION_VALIDATION_IN_ITERATORS and
ITK_USE_PORTABLE_ROUND

With the flags turned off, the code behaves as before, with no failing
tests. With the flags turned on there are still a number of failing tests,
that are related to these new coordinates, and which have been whittled down
from more than 25 to 14 currently.

Nonetheless, we would like to get rid of as many of these as we can by next
Monday, for the upcoming release of ITK, and consequently, we would
respectfully ask interested members of the community to lend a hand with the
remaining tests.

I will be submitting an Experimental ctest on a regular basis, with the
signature metropolis-pixelcentered.kitware<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewSite.php?siteid=1585&project=2&currenttime=1242781200>
Currently the failing tests are the following.
    169 - itkSampleSelectiveMeanShiftBlurringFilterTest (Failed)
    340 - itkMedialNodeCorrespondencesTest (Failed)
    543 - itkImportImageTest (Failed)
    572 - itkNonThreadedShrinkImageTest (Failed)
    594 - itkShrinkImageTest (Failed)
    615 - itkStreamingImageFilterTest2 (Failed)
    630 - itkWarpImageFilterTest (Failed)
    632 - itkWarpVectorImageFilterTest (Failed)
    800 - itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricTest (Failed)
    801 - itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricTest2 (Failed)
    802 - itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricTest3 (Failed)
    803 - itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricTest4 (Failed)
    816 - itkMultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistrationTest (Failed)
    1470 - ResampleImageFilter9Test (Failed)

I plan to work on failing tests relating to the itkShrinkImageFilter class.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Best wishes,

Michel
--