[Insight-users] Optimizer and R+* Cost functions

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 20 22:35:51 EDT 2009

Hi Julien,

   You are correct in that most ITK optimzers
   assume that the domain is R. (all real numbers)

   Your options are:

   A) Use the LBFGSB optimizer, which provides bounds
      for the parameters of the optimization

   or

   B) In your cost function truncate or fold the domain

   or

   C) Create a variation of your current cost function,
      in which R- is supported but results in high penalties.

   or

   D) Customize your own optimizer.