[Insight-users] Levelset Methods

mahshid farzinfar mahshid.lightmoon at gmail.com
Thu May 21 07:31:23 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

I want to use Level Set method to solve segmentation problem.   My initial
active contour is actually a Signed Distance Function Phi obtained by other
active contour methods, therefore seed points and applying Fast Marching
method could not help me. Maybe, I can't use idea behind of
GeodesicActiveCountourShapePriorLevelSetFilter in my method.

By the way I have another question. In the training part of my method, PCA
is used to train set of images represented by Signed Distance Function.
Converting binary images to SDF is easily possible. But my problem is how to
build binary image( labelObject) that shows the object ( ROI) and
background. I followed this link
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2008-May/025963.html but I have
still problem with PolygonSpatialObject. I could not find any good resource
in itkGuild. Could you please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Mahshid