[Insight-users] Size of build?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu May 21 13:23:02 EDT 2009

Hi Johannes,

You are looking inside the ./bin directory,
therefore you are accounting only for the
final libraries and a few executables.

If you look from the top of the Binary build
then you will account as well for all the .obj
files that are generated during compilation.

The 322MB that I mentioned, including the
Python wrapping libraries, which you don't
seem to be building at this point.

Maybe we should step back and ask if you
you are concerned about the size of the
final installed ITK or about the amount of
disk space that you need to build it.

Those are two different things...