[Insight-users] Fast Marching for arbitrary interfaces

Amardeep Singh amar.singh at gmx.de
Mon May 25 06:10:55 EDT 2009

Dear Luis

Thank you very much for your answer!
I have also thought about using the ShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter.
But in my application, I'm afraid, I am
interested in the time-crossing map, initialized from an arbitrary
front. I need to
use level-sets with an exact narrow-band (for post-processing). So, the
chamfer distance function which
is currently used is not exact enough in my case. Instead, I would like
to use fast marching for reinitialization.
Therefore I would like to repeat my question:
Is it correct that the itkIsoContourDistanceImageFilter is a good
starting point?
What is the use of the "FastMarchingExtensionImageFilter"?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Amardeep