[Insight-users] Deformable registration map VECTOR field

Olivier Rousseau itkoli at gmail.com
Wed May 27 22:07:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just started using itk for 3D registration. So far, I have used the
example
DeformableRegistration5.cxx and I am pretty happy with the results.

My question is: I have a vector field defined on my moving image and I
would like to map it to my static image. How can I do this using the
deformation field?

I can't map the coordinates of my vector field separately on my static
image since it would not be coherent with my initial vector field. Somehow,
I need to compute the Jacobian matrix of my transformation and I don't know
how. Can I, via the deformation field, know the exact mapping of the moving
image into the static image? (ie. given a pixel in my moving image, can I
compute its exact coordinates in the static image after the deformation?)

Does anyone has done something similar?

Thanks a lot!
Olivier