[Insight-users] Trouble using the TileImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 1 16:09:19 EST 2009

Hi Erik,

The TileImageFilter expects you to provide a set of different
Image pointers to the method:

               tileImageFilter->PushBackInput(   );

However, you are always calling this method with the argument:

                    resampler->GetOutput());

Since a filter owns its output, the resampler filter is providing the
same image pointer every time.

One possible solution here, is for you to disconnect the output
of the resample filter before you connect it as input to the Tile
filter. In this way the resample filter has to allocate a new image
from scratch, and therefore it will provide a different image pointer
every time.

In sumary:

Replace the line:

    tileImageFilter->PushBackInput(  resampler->GetOutput()   );

with the lines

   OutputImageType::ConstPointer tileImage =
           resampler->GetOutput();

   tileImage->DisconnectPipeline();

    tileImageFilter->PushBackInput( tileImage   );

BTW:
It is good that you are already calling "resampler->Update()"
before you attempt to use resampler->GetOutput().
This is important, since it guarantees that the output image
is computed.