[Insight-users] Hints to create a known deformation image - Deformable Image registration?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 04:20:06 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Motes,
>
> I thought that you were looking for an image to deform,
> by applying to it the deformation field resulting from
> a deformable registration process.

I would like to compare the deformation field resulting from the
deformable registration process with a known deformation field. As I
understand this is one way to analyse the quality of the registration
process. But maybe I can do something like this:

1) Make a known deformation of Lena.
2) Apply this known deformation to a regular grid resulting in GRID_KNOWN.
3) Use the known deformation of Lena as the moving image in the
registration process.
4) Apply the resulting deformation field to a regular grid resulting
in GRID_REGISTERED.
5) Compare GRID_KNOWN with GRID_REGISTERED.