[Insight-users] Hints to create a known deformation image - Deformable Image registration?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 07:56:22 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Motes,
>
> 1) Lena is certainly not the best motif for evaluating a deformable
>     registration process. You may want to use a grid image with
>     about four time the density of lines of the BSpline grid, and
>     lines that are more than 2 pixels apart.
>
>     The reason why you want lines to be more than 2 pixels apart
>     is to avoid aliasing when you resample the image using the
>     deformation field.

I am still a bit confused about this suggestion. Do you suggestion to
use the grid image as input to the registration process?

Why is Lena not a good example? I have made a deformable version of
the original Lena which I use as a moving image. I thought that the
more varying intensities an image contains the higher the chance of
alignment.