[Insight-users] strange dicom output file

Harvey Cline harvey.cline at kitware.com
Wed Nov 4 14:48:13 EST 2009

Hi Ming

In reading a dicom series and writing a 3D dicom image of a medical
data set, I found that the input pixel type was ignored by the DICOM
reader. Apparently the DICOM header tags set the pixel type to short
and do not respond to a typedef unsigned short PixelType in my case.
Displaying all the information in the header with another open source
program like Osirix may be of help in solving this problem

Harvey