[Insight-users] ITK support for path generation

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:47:15 EST 2009

Hi Prashanth,

I recently updated my N3 bias correction filter

http://hdl.handle.net/10380/3053

which contains the relevant B-spline code to solve the second
component of your problem.  Specifically, you should look at the
following function in the BSplineControlPointImageFilter class

CalculateParametersClosestToDataPoint()

which uses the LBFGSB optimizer to find the parametric values closest
to a user-specified point.  One can then calculate the actual point on
the curve corresponding to the minimizing parametric values by calling
the function

EvaluateAtPoint()

and determining the distance between the two points to determine
whether it satisfies the specified threshold.  Let me know if you have
any questions.

Nick