[Insight-users] Mask+Neumann Boundary Condition

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 8 14:20:59 EST 2009

Hi Brady,

There are two mentions of a "Mask" in your email,
and I'm wondering if we are interpreting them correctly.

You say that you want an iterators that uses a

                   "non-rectangular mask"

do you mean that you want the iterator to visit all
the pixels of a non-rectangular region of the image ?

You are probably aware of the difference between the
ITK ImageRegion iterators and the ITK Neighborhood
Iterators.

The use of Boundary conditions is relevant for the
Neighborhood iterators, not for the RegionIterators.

Could you please clarify if you are looking for
a Neighborhood iterator or not ?

and whether you need to look at the neighbors of
every pixel in a particular pattern ?

Maybe a high level description of what you are trying
to achieve, will be very helpful here.