[Insight-users] Trouble with building ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Nov 11 13:18:50 EST 2009

Hi Utasi,

                    Welcome to ITK !

It is normal not to have subdirectories inside

          F:\itk\bin\insight\bin\Debug

what you should see there is a collection of
shared libraries with extensions    ".dll"

The HelloWorld.cxx is not supposed to be there.
(as Manuel just pointed out).

If you see files like  ITKCommon.dll, then you
are in the right path.

Follow carefully the instructions in the Tutorial.

What you should do at this point, is to put the
HelloWorld.cxx example, in a directory OUTSIDE
of ITK, and follow the tutorial directions on how
to write a CMakeLists.txt file for it, and how to
configure that small example with CMake.