[Insight-users] Confused about pixel Spacing

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 04:16:09 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Auron Ford Huton <auron at hotmail.es> wrote:
> Hello ITK!!
>
> I am working in microscopy image registration and I doubt how to express my
> pixel spacing (I think all my problems came from that...). I know that my
> pixel spacing is about 2.83 micrometres (0.00283mm).
> I am using .raw image so I used a .mhd to acces them... What of the
> following lines I should use to set my spacing?
>
> ElementSpacing = 0.00283 0.00283
>
> or
>
> ElementSpacing = 2.83 2.83

I'd like to open a DICOM parenthesis here.
In the GDCMImageIO, I am using the same unit as DICOM, namely mm. Thus
if you open a DICOM and write it out as MHA/MHD is will be written in
mm.
Why is this important ? It is extremely important since you could be
Set). Because they are unstructured, they are expressed as 3d woorld
coordinate, in which case the unit is very important.

2cts
--
Mathieu