[Insight-users] are itkConnectedComponentImageFilter and itkBinaryDilateImageFilter

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Sat Nov 14 04:27:40 EST 2009

On 13/11/09 11:38:27, Baoyun Li wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> Can somebody tell me whetehr itkConnectedComponentImageFilter and itkBinaryDilateImageFilter are operated on the physical space or voxel space.
> I have 0.6mmx0.6mmx2.5 mm ct data and want to do some morphorlogical operation.
>
> I think the performance will be affected if the morphorlogical operation is done on voxel space.
>
> So please guid me wheter those filters are operated on physical space? If not, what should I do.

Hello Baoyun,

As  far  as  I  know  you  specify  the neighbourhoot in voxel-connectivity in
itkConnectedComponentImageFilter. If you want a bigger neighbourhoot than 6/26
voxel  you  first have to dilate your image with a structuring element of your
choice. That again would be in voxel. You have to use your voxel  size/spacing
to calculate the sizes in physical space.

Hope this helps
Lynx