[Insight-users] Where to find more info on OtsuMultipleThresholds?

Lassi Paavolainen lassi.paavolainen at jyu.fi
Sat Nov 14 16:07:30 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm not Luca, but this filter works as basic OtsuThresholdImageFilter with
a one difference that it is able to divide intensities to multiple
classes, not just to two classes. Number of classes+1 can be set using
SetNumberOfThresholds method. Output of the filter is label image where
pixels of class 1 are marked as 0, pixels of class 2 marked as 1 and so
on.

There is lots of information about Otsu available. One place to start is
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otsu's_method) which includes a
reference to original paper by Otsu and also a reference to paper where
different thresholding methods are compared.

Lassi