[Insight-users] are itkConnectedComponentImageFilter and itkBinaryDilateImageFilter

Baoyun Li baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 12:47:54 EST 2009

Gaetan:

Thanks a lot.

Baoyun

________________________________
From: Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>
To: Baoyun Li <baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com>
Cc: Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>; ITK Users <insight-users at itk.org>
Sent: Tue, November 17, 2009 12:57:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] are itkConnectedComponentImageFilter and itkBinaryDilateImageFilter

Le 16 nov. 09 à 20:47, Baoyun Li a écrit :

> Dear Gaetan:
>
> Claiming structur element as [3 3 1] seems to be a simple solution.
>
> What I am wondering is how about if I only want to dilate or erod one voxel with slice? How to give teh structure elements in this case. Can I give structure elements as [1 1 0.33]?  Seem the way you suggested has to do dilation with slice with 3 voxel.

[3, 3, 1] is the radius of the structuring element that you set with SetRadius(). The size of the structuring element element is the radius * 2 + 1 on each dimension. A kernel of radius [3, 3, 1] has a size [7, 7, 3].

If you want to work on slices, you can use a radius of 0 on the last dimension - [3, 3, 0] for example.

Gaëtan