[Insight-users] itk::kdtree and itk::hashtable

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 05:59:18 EST 2009

Assume that I  have 100 points in 3D which I have used to build a
kdTree.  For a given point P I can use the KdTree to find the
k-nearest neighbors.

But since each point acutally corresponds to the location of a unique
object that contains additional that data I need, I would like to get
these objects based on their location returned from the kd-tree.

I would therefore like to store each object in a itk::hashtable based
on its 3D location. When I get the set of neighbors from the kd-tree I
can use each location as a key to retreive the object.

I know how to use the itk::kdtree, but have not been able to find any
examples using the itk::hashtable. Does anyone know if the above idea
would work with the itk::hashtable or know of any examples  using the
itk::hashtable?