[Insight-users] segmentation result to Abaqus

C.Cagatay Bilgin bilgic at cs.rpi.edu
Mon Nov 23 13:58:15 EST 2009

Hi Luis,
I actually found a way to do this in a little different way than I
was initially thinking of. Basically, I traced the boundary
of the object and saved the x-y coordinates of this boundary
to a text file.  Apparently, Abaqus enables python scripts, so
anything can do by clicking the menu menu buttons and such
are also doable from Python. I basically read these points from
the text file and connected them using Python and the
related Abaqus packages. Then I created the part in the
script and initialized a viewer and I got the tissue inside
the FEM software. This solves my problem.

Thank you,
Cagatay

Cemal Cagatay Bilgin,
Ph.D Candidate in Computer Science Department at RPI
bilgic at cs.rpi.edu - http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~bilgic
Lally 01A, 110 8th Street Troy, NY 12180-3590, USA.
Tel: (518) 276-8489, Fax:(518) 276-4033