[Insight-users] Computing image spacing?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:42:21 EST 2009

How is the image spacing for a loaded image computed?

I have tried debugging my way through:

itkImageFileReader.txx

but when I get to:

template <class TOutputImage, class ConvertPixelTraits>
void ImageFileReader<TOutputImage, ConvertPixelTraits>
::GenerateData()
{

  typename TOutputImage::Pointer output = this->GetOutput();

output contains the spacing after returning from the "GetOutput()"
call. But if I enter the GetOutput() call I never get to where the
spacing are set. Does this happen in some other magic place?