[Insight-users] Mean squares metric

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Nov 25 18:05:25 EST 2009

Hi Gerald,

The fact that you are getting QNAN values, leads to suspect that
the metric is dividing by zero, and the typical division in this metric
is by the number of pixels inside of the fixed image region.

It would seem that you are passing an empty FixedImageRegion
to the registration class.

Regarding your choices of components, the MeanSquares metric
is a reasonable choice for same-modality registration.

You could use almost any optimizer in this case.

Most of our examples use RegularGradientDescent, and GradientDescent,
but at the end, what is most important is that you pick an optimizer that
your are familiar with.  In this way it will be easier for you to fine tune
its parameters.