[Insight-users] Non-uniform image volumes and BSplineDeformable registration?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Nov 26 13:07:44 EST 2009

Hi Motes,

Yes,
the BSpline grid spacings will be different along each direction.

More specifically, they will be:

   BSplineGridSpacingX = (128 - 1)  * imageSpacingX / ( 6 - 1 )
   BSplineGridSpacingY = (150 - 1)  * imageSpacingY / ( 6 - 1 )
   BSplineGridSpacingZ =  ( 40 - 1)  * imageSpacingZ / ( 6 - 1 )

For more details,
you may want to look at the BSplineTransformInitializer class
in:

          Insight/Code/Review/
                  itkBSplineDeformableTransformInitializer.h
                  itkBSplineDeformableTransformInitializer.txx