[Insight-users] Hashing 3D euclidean vectors?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sat Nov 28 23:52:17 EST 2009

A hash table is probably not the way to go there. I've never heard of
anyone doing that, it may not be possible either to design a well
dimensioned hash table to achieve this in amortized time.

What you might want to look at is the locator framework in VTK. These
divide the search space into buckets based on various strategies and
you can search pretty efficiently for the closest neighbors. See

  vtkPointLocator::FindClosestPoint

You mention below that these are regular spaced points.. Are the
points stored in memory in some sort of adjacency. Search for closest
points woul dbe trivial then