[Insight-users] Problems with the orthogonal rotation matrix in versorRigid3DTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 30 07:57:40 EST 2009

Hi Patrik,

1) What version of ITK are you using ?

2) The error that you are getting indicates that the
    matrix is non-orthogonal "to a certain precision level".

3) It would seem that the file where the transform
    is saved is not using all the required precision.
   This is a common problem when writing float/double
   numbers as text.

Could you please post to the mailing list the Transform
file that is not working for loading ?

We can use it to track down the location where the
precision is being lost at the moment of writing.
Most likely what we need to fix is the "precision"
modifier of the ostream that is writing the data out.

--

If you are in a hurry, a work around would be for
you to "manually" save the array of parameters

   Three Versor components for the rotation and
   Three Vector components for  the translation,
   and, don't forget to save also the Fixed parameters
   that will consist of the three components of the
   center of rotation.