[Insight-users] REPRODUCIBILITY: IPOL

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 30 08:15:32 EST 2009

Hi Juan,

                     This is GREAT !!

Congratulations on the creation of the IPOL Journal.

That's what our field needs in order to get out of the
dark ages of just publishing "pretty pictures" and
"impressive-looking" equations.

We need more Journals and Conferences for reporting
methods that actually work, and can actually be used
by others. Enough time and money has been already
wasted in trying to reverse engineer methods from papers
published in traditional Journals and Conferences that
still use pre-Internet obsolete publishing methods.

There is no need for us to wait for MICCAI, IEEE TMI and
SPIE Medical Imaging to evolve, if we can create other venues
where reproducibility is appreciated at its level of importance.

Practitioners (people who actually write code for real-world
applications) of image processing need Publications that
focus more on useful methods and less on just providing
entries for career resumes.

---

It is great that you choose to adopt Open Access by
using the Creative Commons by Attribution and the
Non-Commercial licenses.  It is also great that you
choose to require the code to be under GPL, LGPL
or BSD licenses.

 Thanks for creating progressive venues
 that promote the advancement
 of the image processing field.