[Insight-users] Question about multiResolutionPyramidImageFilter class

Kaveh Kohan kaveh.kohan at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 14:40:00 EDT 2009

Dear Luis,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it the same effort as this (I mean that this code is uploaded by the same people). This one sound very comprehensive:

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~jtduda/itkvector.html

I have a another question which sounds orthogonal but it is very relevant:

There is also another class in ITK for vectorial image " VectorResampleImageFilter" but it seems that it is mostly used for deformation field expansion. I am wondering what is the difference? DeformationField is basically a vectorial image isn't it? Since there have been classes in ITK to do multiResolution image registration (for scalar) and as a part of that one needs to apply the same pyramid on deformation field (VectorResampleImageFilter), I thought it is very natural to have this class imeplemented for vectorial image pyramid. Please illustrate me if I am missing something in my induction. Does it have anything to do with difference between covector and vector image (I am sorry if it is irrelevant)?

Thanks,