[Insight-users] itk::CurvatureAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter for highly ansitropic data

Baoyun Li baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 11:45:36 EDT 2009

Dear Luis and All:

I have MR brain data with resolution 0.8*0.8*6.4 mm^3 and I used itk::CurvatureAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter to smooth the data.

I am worried the small lesion will be smoothed out.
Can sombody tell me whether I should pay special attention to apply this filter?

And do I need to resample the data to be isotropic first? If I resampled the image to isotropic spacing by the geometry mean of (0.8 and 6.8), the anxial view looks too small.

Thanks and my best regards

Baoyun