[Insight-users] No standard output in Windows

Emile de Weerd mederel+insightusers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:30:19 EDT 2009

Hi Insight-Users,

I am beginning with ITK, and wrote a little program:

includes of main.cpp:
#include <iostream>

// Project includes
#include "myAppIO.h"

includes of myAppIO.h:
//ITK includes
#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageSeriesWriter.h"
#include "itkNumericSeriesFileNames.h"

//Project includes
#include "myAppCommon.h"

typedef itk::ImageFileReader< myAppImage3DType >   myApp3DReaderType;
typedef itk::ImageSeriesWriter< myAppImage3DType, myAppImage2DType >
myAppWriterType;
typedef itk::NumericSeriesFileNames    myAppNameGeneratorType;

includes of myAppCommon.h:
#include "itkImage.h"

typedef itk::Image< unsigned char, 3 >      myAppImage3DType;
typedef itk::Image< unsigned char, 2 >      myAppImage2DType;

I am using MinGW Makefiles generator of CMake 2.6, with MinGW gcc version
4.0.
Here is the CMakeLists.txt:
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6)

PROJECT(myAppProject)

FIND_PACKAGE(ITK REQUIRED)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
    INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(myApp
    main.cpp
    myAppIO.cpp
)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myApp ITKCommon ITKIO)

I have compiled ITK with the same compiler and cmake.
When I use the standard output in the main.cpp (like std::cout << "Hello
World !" << std::endl;) no standard output is visible in the console
cmd.exe. I do not understand why, I sought the issue on this list and
Google, with no luck.
Does anyone what is happening here ?

Thanks for reading,
Emile.

P.S.: I also build the ITK Hello World example from the ItkSoftwareGuide and
no output is written on standard output. Where is ITK redirecting the
standard outputs ?