[Insight-users] Translation, Rotation and Scaling

Ramón Casero Cañas ramon.casero at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 3 19:50:59 EDT 2009

John D wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I am working on an application of registration of 2D images where I want
> translation, rotation and scaling (but no shear). The affine transformation
> has the added degree of freedom for the shear that I want to avoid. Does ITK
> have a transform that uses only translation, rotation and scaling ?

Hi John,

Yes, it is known as a similarity transform. See class
Similarity2DTransform, documented in sec. 8.8.9 (p. 400) of the ITK User
Guide, and in the doxygen documentation

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Similarity2DTransform.html

Best regards,

Ramon.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807