[Insight-users] Shape restriction in level set

Koen Vermeer koen at vermeer.tv
Fri Sep 4 10:39:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to put some restrictions on the shape of the level sets as
they are implemented in ITK. I didn't find a straightforward way, but
before diving into the details of the level set implementation, I
thought I'd better ask here first.

To describe the kind of restrictions that I'd like to enforce, I'll
describe it on a 2D data set. The level set then obviously describes a
line in this 2D space. Now, I'd like to limit the direction of this line
(or the normal of the level set function) to a certain range, thereby
providing control over its shape.

As far as I can tell, none of the parts of the level set equation as
defined by itkLevelSetFunction allow me to do that. Is that correct? If
so, what would be the best way to add this term (basically a function of
\nabla \phi) to the itk level set framework?

Thanks for any help!

Koen