[Insight-users] Pointset to pointset registration preserving correspondence

Jochen Cammin jcammin1 at jhmi.edu
Fri Sep 4 10:59:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

I want to register two pointsets using and affine transformation. The
fixed and the moving pointset have the same number of points with known
correspondence. I looked at the examples IterativeClosestPoint<n> but I
understand that the ICP registration used in there does not assume any
correspondence between the pointsets. What I need is a metric that
respects the original correspondence, that is, point 1 in the fixed
pointset corresponds to point 1 in the moving pointset, etc. Is there
such a metric in itk?

Thank you,
Jochen