[Insight-users] BSpline parameters

Serena Fabbri fabbri at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 7 21:01:07 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I write to ask some advice about the parameter of LBFGSB optimizer.
I am registrating MRI and CT of the brain with BSpline.

In particular I am using DeformableRegistration8 and I'd like to understand the strategy for the Upper and Lower Bound (in the example they are 0, it means the BSpline parameters have only 1 constraint).
They are the max and minimun displacement that the parameters can assume. Is it correct?
How is the best strategy to set them?

Besides,

What is the difference between
SetMaximumNumberOfEvaluations
SetMaximumNumberOfCorrections  ?

Are they correlated with the update of hessian matrix?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks.

Serena.