[Insight-users] Base question on derivative filters

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Sep 9 10:06:33 EDT 2009

The RecursiveGaussian filter doesn't use convolution.

The value of sigma is set in physical coordinates.

The output pixel values will have units of :

       input intensity values /  physical coordinates

    *IF* you use the FirstOrder setting.

Note that there are also ZeroOrder and SecondOrder
settings.

In which case the intensity units of the output will be:

ZeroOrder:      input intensity units

Second Order :  input intensity units / (physical units)^2