[Insight-users] Thin Plate Splines Registration

frédéric salvador frederic.salvador at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:14:08 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I would like to register 3D CT images of the abdomen using the Thin Plate
Splines Registration.
My goal is to select a set of landmarks (6 or 7 for instance) both in a
FixedImage and MovingImage, compute the transform from the MovingImage to
the FixedImage, and apply this transform to the MovingImage (and finally
save the RegisteredMovingImage as a ".mha" file).

Actually, I already tried to implement such a process based on the
"InsightToolkit-3.14.0/Examples/Registration/ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx".
The problem is that my output moving registered image presents intensities
between 0 and 255, as it had been rescaled on 8 bits, whereas both my input
images had intensities between lets say -1000 and +2000.
Where does this come from?
Is it possible to avoid this?

Best regards.

Frederic Salvador