[Insight-users] Translation, Rotation and Scaling

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Sep 9 14:02:20 EDT 2009

Hi Ramon,

When you have Anisotropic Scaling and Rotation,
that is equivalent to providing Shearing.

In other words, you can implement Shearing by
composing Rotation and Anisotropic scaling.

Therefore, you cannot have a transform that has
Anisotropic Scaling and Rotation but not Shearing.

---

Using the Affine transform sounds like the
right thing to do in this case.