[Insight-users] Get and Set itk Origin

jef vdmb jvdmb at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 15 05:32:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am having a hard time understanding the way meta data like the image origin is updated after a pipeline execution.

My situation is the following:

* an image is read
* next passed as input to a filter (in this case MirrorPadImageFilter, but I have seen it for others as well)
* the filter is updated (->Update());
* the output retrieved using ->GetOutput()

The initial input had origin (0,0,0). The output however should have an origin different from zero (with the parameters I used for the MirrorPadImageFilter). When the output is interrogated for its origin (->GetOrigin() ), it (wrongly) shows all zeros. When writing the image afterwards, it was written with the correct origin ( offset field of the .mhd image format).

It would seem my output image is not yet updated at the time I performed the ->GetOrigin(). The last filter was however explicitly updated just before and even an "->Update()" on the output image itself doesn't modify this behaviour.

I would like to retrieve the origin for further processing but seem to end up with the uninitialized (0,0,0).  I would appreciate any suggestions on how to assure the meta information is fully updated.

Regards,
Jef