[Insight-users] calculating rotation angles around X-axis, Y-axis, Z-axis given orientation

shoosh moosh babygirl_25 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:57:55 EDT 2009

Hi ,
I have the image orientation of the first row and first column of a 3D image.
(RowValueX, RowValueY, RowValueZ)
and
(ColumnValueX, ColumnValueY, ColumnValueZ)

I calculated the orientation of the third dimension by taking the cross product of those two.

Now I need to get the angles of rotation around each axis and I'm not sure how to do that. Can anyone give me the formulas I can plug in the image orientation information of the 3 axes and get the angle of rotation around x-axis, around y-axis and around z-axis?