[Insight-users] Mesh subdivision?

David Doria daviddoria+itk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:39:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Alexandre GOUAILLARD <agouaillard at gmail.com
> wrote:

> hi david,
> for mesh decimation, you can find more info here:
> http://www.insight-journal.com/browse/publication/298
>
> For mesh subdivision, I extracted the base of the code for that from
> RegularSphereSOmething, had it reviewed by bill and luis, but never finished
> the work by lack of time. IT is a simple linear subdivision, I wanted to
> make a framework out of it, and then implement at least loop and butterfly
> subdivisions, but could never find the time.
>
> please find attached the code, hopping it helps. If it is really helpful,
> and if you were willing to spend some time on it, we could finish it and
> send it to IJ. The design is very clear in my mind.
>
> alex.

Alex,

I got it to work without much of a problem:
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/ITK_List/MeshSubdivision/

There was something wrong with mushroom.vtk - I saved it as legacy ASCII vtk
from Paraview and now it works fine. The example should be run with:

./test mushroom.vtk mushroom_subdivided.vtk

It works great! Even in this minimal state I think it should be added to ITK
- it's better to provide users with something minimal rather than nothing!

Thanks,

David