[Insight-users] Adaptive Threshold Segmentation

Somer, Edward edward.somer at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 04:38:31 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I need an adaptive threshold filter and I thought I'd run the plan past
you to see if I'm on the right lines or reinventing the wheel.

I'd write a class that inherited ConnectedThresholdImageFilter and add
an observer to update the lower threshold at each iteration as a set
percentage of the region mean. The filter would be initialised with a
seed point and iterate until the region grew no further.

Has this been implemented already (e.g. calculation of PET metabolic
burden, Ref. Green et al. EJNMMI, 2008) and does this approach sound
correct?

Thanks,

Ed

--