[Insight-users] Website suggestion

David Doria daviddoria+itk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:03:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> This is a great idea.
> Thanks for your suggestion.
>

> We have made these changes in our Web site.
> (Thanks to Niki Russell).
>

> Please take a look at the new version of:
> http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html
>
> and let us know if it reflects all your suggested
> modifications.
>
>   Thanks a lot for helping us improve ITK
>

>        Luis

Wow, excellent turn around time! I'd still say there is even more that can
be reduced:

   - ITK-3-6 for release 3.6 branch.
   - ITK-3-4 for release 3.4 branch.
   - ITK-3-2 for release 3.2 branch.
   - ITK-3-0 for release 3.0 branch.
   - ITK-2-8-1 for release 2.8 branch (patch 1).
   - ITK-2-8 for release 2.8 branch.
   - ITK-2-6 for release 2.6 branch.
   - ITK-2-4 for release 2.4 branch.
   - ITK-2-2 for release 2.2 branch.
   - ITK-2-0 for release 2.0 branch.
   - ITK-1-8 for release 1.8 branch.
   - ITK-1-6 for release 1.6 branch.
   - ITK-1-4 for release 1.4 branch.
   - Release-1-2 for release 1.2 branch.
   - Release-1-0 for release 1.0 branch.
   - Release-0_7 for beta release 0.7 branch.

This could use the same idea as the actual releases  - a "click here for a
list of legacy branch points". (surely no one is going to merge with 0_7,
right?!)

My "vision" was that it fits on a single page (i.e. no scroll bar) on
reasonable sized monitors/resolutions. Things always look very
clean/polished to me when that is the case. Of course you guys know better
than I how much people actually look for/at the things on these pages, so
I'll be appeased with a simple "naa we'd rather leave it how it is" if
that's how you feel.

Thanks,

David