[Insight-users] Registering images using Spatial Object Masks

itkvtk123 at gmx.net itkvtk123 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 22 05:36:38 EDT 2009

Thank you very much for the info.
But I think it is not working.

Setting fixedImage->SetRequestedRegion(..) does not seem to influence the registration process at all, i.e. no matter how big my region is (from 1x1 pixels to full image size), registration always takes the same amount of time.

When I set registration->SetFixedImageRegion(roi) with

Image2DType::IndexType roiStart;
roiStart[0] = 100;
roiStart[1] = 100;
Image2DType::SizeType roiSize;
roiSize[0] = 820;
roiSize[1] = 820;
Image2DType::RegionType roi;
roi.SetIndex(roiStart);
roi.SetSize(roiSize);

(image is about 1000x1000 big -> this region is a subsection!!)

Registration does even take longer than using the full image (registration->SetFixedImageRegion(fixedImage->GetLargestPossibleRegion()))

Thanks for you help.