[Insight-users] Linking to itkgdcm.lib error

Jingfei Hu jingfei.hu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:47:31 EDT 2009

Hi, everyone.
Maybe this question is quite old, but I still put it here, because I still
found no solutions.
Environment:
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
Compiler: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
ITK Version: 3.16
Everything is fine when compiling and building. And I install the itk
through building the INSTALL project.
Then I begin to test Examples\Registration\ImageRegistration1.cxx, after
adding all the necessary including files, the project compiles successfully.
But when I run it, throws following errors:
itkgdcm.lib(gdcmUtil.obj) : error LNK2019:  unresolved symbol
_SnmpUtilVarBindFree at 4,this symbol is invoked "int __cdecl
gdcm::GetMacAddrSys(unsigned char *)" (?GetMacAddrSys at gdcm@@YAHPAE at Z)
And I look up the CMakeLists.txt under Utilities/gdcm/src:
and I found:
IF(WIN32)
  IF(NOT BORLAND)
    # rpcrt4 -> UuidCreate
    TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(itkgdcm wsock32 snmpapi rpcrt4)
  ENDIF(NOT BORLAND)
ENDIF(WIN32)

Maybe this codes doesnot work.
So anybody can help me?